1. What are the qualifications of the staff in the nursing home?
All employees must go through a lengthy process of vetting. This includes license checks, criminal history records checks, and more.
2. What are some of the programs offered?
Nursing, Activities, full Dietary services, Housekeeping/Laundry, Medical care, Social Work, and 24/7 monitoring.
3. How often are activities offered?
Activities are offered 7 days a week at varying times throughout the day and evening. The vast selection is geared to all residents and their likes by our Activities staff. We also are very fortunate to have an active volunteer program. A volunteer also runs our little Country Store.
4. Do you have business office specialists who can help with our needs?
Yes, we have qualified business professionals who can explain the financial arrangements for your loved one.
5. Can families/friends visit any time?
Visitation is allowed 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The facility does have suggested visiting hours that are geared toward residents’ needs. Visiting hours are subject ot change. Always call ahead to confirm.
6. Do you offer Dental, Podiatry, and Vision services?
We are able to offer all these services on-site for your loved one. On occasion, a recommendation may be made whereby a resident may have to visit an outside specialist.
7. Are there therapies offered?
All residents are encouraged to reach their maximal independence level. Our Therapy Department has Physical, Occupational, and Speech/swallowing services to assist all residents in meeting their goals.
8. Are residents allowed to manage their own medications at the facility?
It is preferred that all residents receive their mediations by the qualified nurse, however under some circumstances, residents may take their own medications. This is a process discussed in the Interdisciplinary Team.
9. Is there a Discharge Planner to assist in the event of a short-term stay?
Discharge Planning starts at admission. Each individual’s case is different. Great care is given by the Interdisciplinary Care Team to ensure a safe and appropriate discharge.
10. Can items be brought in from home?
All residents are encouraged to make their rooms as home-like as possible. We encourage this and also assist in providing guidance in this area with our Social Workers and Nursing staff.